[Freeswitch-users] FS tools for Video Conf

Mon Nov 10 14:40:12 PST 2008

Theora would be great....it is just a video codec though.  For proper
support we need to integrate capture and display too.  Doing this is
hard to do cross platform and well....at least today.

I'm most interested in the prospects of using VLC's network streaming..
It would handle capturing, encoding, and transmitting the video/audio
data to freeswitch.
http://dave.thehorners.com/tech-talk/random-tech/382-setting-up-video-conferences

I need to spend time on this...that page was created back in august
and I haven't actually gotten a working broadcast yet.

Someone else mentioned Flash support too..i'd like to see that or
silverlight but MS didn't give us webcam support in silverlight
2.0...a shame.

--Dave
http://dave.thehorners.com/