[Freeswitch-users] Problems with ./configure on OSX

martin joseph astmac at stillnewt.org
Sun Nov 9 12:14:57 PST 2008

Hey FreeSwitchers,

I have been running 1.01 (which I built from a tarball) without any
problems.

I see that we are pushing to 1.02, so I tried to do a make current on
my trunk source and got the following...

/usr/src/freeswitch/trunk root# make current
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ./configure   --no-create --no-
recursion
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... build/config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gawk... (cached) awk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
./configure: line 4533: syntax error near unexpected token
`build_libtool_libs,'
./configure: line 4533: `    _LT_DECL(build_libtool_libs,
enable_shared, 0,'
make: *** [config.status] Error 2
mail:/usr/src/freeswitch/trunk root#

Any ideas on why this might be?