[Freeswitch-users] Inbound calls question

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Tue Nov 4 08:58:00 PST 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 11:47 AM, regs at kinetix.gr wrote:

> Is it compulsory that I use different ports for different profiles?
> What if I want to use the same ports for my authenticated users and
> the
> non-authenticated ones?

Each sip profile is its own ip/port bindings, so yes, you must use
different ip or port for each profile.  You can still mix authed and
unauthed calls on a profile by way of using acls to implicitly auth
calls or by doing a challenge from the dialplan.  I don't like the
challenge from the dialplan as it requires the call to process
dialplan twice, so it won't scale as well.

Mike