[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as SBC ?

Tristan tristan at telemaque.fr
Tue Nov 4 08:20:33 PST 2008

Hi ram,

response follow in text,

Regards,

Tristan

ram a écrit :

> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Tristan <tristan at telemaque.fr
> <mailto:tristan at telemaque.fr>> wrote:
>
>     Hi ram,
>
>     Part of the solution I built is a redundant openser in front of a
>     redundant freeswitch install.
>     FS acting like an SBC ( ie, all calls comes through, and are
>     filtered based on xml_curl dialplan rules ).
>
>     Asterisk was not the solution for me, as it's not as easy as FS to
>     scale and manage in my HA environnement.
>
>     I'm currently thinking of adding some kind of failover method in
>     FS, to provide 99.9999% uptime even if one box fails.
>     The better way I saw atm, was to send to a spare FS instance
>     everything going on the production box, allowing it to
>     take over the prod'box in case of failure ( ie taking the ip,
>     opening rtp ports that were opened, and keeping tracks of SIP
>     transactions
>     and their status ).
>     I believe this sort of features cannot be implemented easily in
>     asterisk, but in FS it should not be too much difficult. Maybe
>     adding a new channel state tracking changes on the master it's
>     spare of... ( why not building also a master/master cluster ? ) ....
>
>     If you need more, just ask,
>

> Hi
>
> thats really nice
>
> is this what your build system looks my imagination
>
> Openser-----freeswitch boxs (3 or 4) ----PSTN or VoIP Provider

Quite this kind of setup, a little bit more complicated, as I have a few
media servers, and other things on my voip cloud...

To simplify, I have more something like that ( even it's not quite
accurate ):

External UA's ---> FS --> Oser --> FS --> PSTN.
                                  Internal UA's

> If yes
>
> I have couple of questions
>
> 1. Is the user register with Openser  or Freeswitch
Openser for internal users, fs for externals.

Openser is really better if you intend to have a lot of UA's registered.
> 2. are you using Dispatcher or LCR Module to send calls to Freeswitch
dispatcher and dns.
> 3. how are you able to manage PBX features
PBX features are managed in fs with prefix added to numbers for features
(for example: interception is int{thenumbertointercept} ).
> 4. CDR done in Openser or Freeswitch
both to provide redundancy of information.
> 5. how about pre-paid and NAT handling ?

nat is handled by FS using different profiles, I don't want to deal with
real NAT situations ( although I had with Oser and mediaproxy )
I don't have prepaid applications, we're a call center telco provider,
but you can handle these with Oser Or freeswitch, look at mod_python or
mod_lua :)

> If you could share some config files offline should be good
just a set of sofia profiles for freeswitch and a good routing config
for OSER should do the trick, there's nothing complicated, contact me on
irc if you need :)

> iam looking the same system to deploy

If you want to discuss this, you can find me on irc ( gled ).