[Freeswitch-users] Answering Machine Detection

David Brazier David.Brazier at 360crm.co.uk
Fri May 30 09:58:31 PDT 2008

Hi All

Just wanted to clarify:
*       Is there any means of answering machine detection in FreeSwitch (along the lines of Asterisk app_amd)?
*       If not, could something like that be implemented in a custom app (I'm not sure if there is sufficient access to the media stream?), or does it need to be in the core?
*       If in the core, switch_ivr_record_file seems like a good starting point, as it already does speech detection.

I would hope I would be able to implement something starting from switch_ivr_record_file, but I didn't want to charge in at that level if it would be better done elsewhere.

Any thoughts appreciated.

David

PS Great project - a real credit to the open source community!

360CRM Limited, registered address, Caledonia House, 89 Seaward Street, Glasgow, G41 1HJ, Registered in Scotland, company number SC261952.
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of 360CRM Ltd.  This email does not form any part of a contract.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.  Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.