[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Ldap Integration

Faraz R. Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Tue May 27 22:58:20 PDT 2008

First of all- Amazing project. Tired of asterisk deadlocking all the
time we have been deploying asterisk with OpenSER as the registrar.
Freeswitch is a huge relief!

This is an extremely important feature we have been looking for.
Asterisk realtime ldap integration is very flaky. I found this page:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FreeSwitch_Dialplan_Directory

But there are no clues as to the schema, the queries generated and what
exactly it can hold in Ldap. I am also curious to know whether sofia's
sip registrations, gateways etc can be kept in LDAP.

We are basically developing an extensive plugin based control panel and
a Asterisk module is already ready. However, we are writing
asterisk .conf files for managing asterisk. We would be quite pleased to
develop a FreeSwitch Ldap plugin to manage users,sip gateways, groups,
features, etc.

Though the XML configuration file is extremely easy to parse and write,
pure LDAP integration would be amazing. Any pointers on this would be
appreciated.

--
Faraz R Khan
Chief Architect