[Freeswitch-users] SIP-T or SIP-i

EdPimentl edpimentl at gmail.com
Mon May 26 07:48:37 PDT 2008

Michael,

Is your implementation an IMS like implementation, with lots of
TelCO/CableCO rigid requirements in order to interface with proprietary
Softswitch and MediaGTY?

Here is what is know about SIPt and SIPi
SIP-T is originally from IETF.
SIP-I (SIP ISUP mapping) is from ITU (Q.1912.5)which specifies
recommendations for interworking of ISUP/BICC and SIP-T

SIP-T (SIP for Telephones) is a mechanism that uses SIP to facilitate the
interconnection of the PSTN with
packet networks. It is characterized by the encapsulation of legacy
signalling (typically, though not
exclusively, ISUP) in the SIP body for feature transparency, translation of
ISUP information into the SIP
header for routability, and use of the INFO method for mid-call signalling.
Inter-MGC signalling is used to establish, modify, and terminate sessions
between peers. The MGC
control profiles include several inter-MGC signalling protocols, and this IA
addresses the SIP-T option
(See figure 2). Figure 2 shows only MGCs controlling a trunking gateway, but
this IA also covers a MGC
that controls an access or residential gateway, and operates in a mode where
ISUP is generated, as for a
normal PSTN trunk call, and then encapsulated in SIP (i.e. SIP-T)

I am sure that if there was a bounty, some of the bright people in the FS
community would take on the project.

Regards,
-E