[Freeswitch-users] Multiple calls to soundcard

Chris Kairalla cdkf92 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 09:09:55 PDT 2008

This is probably a newbie question, so please forgive me...

My scenario is this: I want to allow multiple people to call a number
and hear their voices play out through a speaker.  I want this to be
as real-time as possible so I want the path from phone to speaker to
be as direct as possible.  So my question is this: can FreeSwitch
handle sending multiple streams of VOIP audio to its portaudio or alsa
modules for mixed playback to speakers?  Asterisk can only handle one
stream of audio to a soundcard, which does me no good.  I can create a
softphone bridge but it's kludgy and I would rather go directly to the
soundcard.

Also, I am setting all of this up in a space where I will be behind a
router and I won't be able to access that router.  In fact, I'll be
pulling the VOIP data through WiFi.  Is FreeSwitch 1.0 able to handle
IAX registration?  IAX would definitely make my life easier in this
scenario.

Thanks!
Chris