[Freeswitch-users] Need help with Openzap and Sangoma A200 analog card

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon May 19 06:01:59 PDT 2008

You can use Sangoma cards without the Zaptel Drivers if you wish.
OpenZAP supports direct access to the Sangoma TDMAPI.

-- Starting from the FS build root;
-- Create the /etc/openzap directory and copy in the default files

#cd libs/openzap
#mkdir /etc/openzap
#cp conf/*

-- Edit openzap.conf and erase the entire contents and start with a blank
file

-- Here is an example FXS span using ports 1 and 2 of the card
-- change the number to whatever default caller id you want the channel to
use
-- For FXS it's the extension this channel represents, for FXO it's the DID
associated with that line.
-- The number field controls what the inbound extension will be on new calls
in FS.

-- Assuming ports 1 and 2 are FXS (phones) and 3 and 4 are FXO (lines):

[span wanpipe]
name => OpenZAP
number => 7001
fxs-channel => 1:1
number => 7002
fxs-channel => 1:2

-- Spans should always be of the same type so if you also have some FXO
channels you need 2 spans.

[span wanpipe]
name => OpenZAP
number => 2121231234
fxs-channel => 1:3
number => 2121231235
fxo-channel => 1:4

To use it with zaptel it's almost the same setup but you use [span zt]
instead of wanpipe and the addressing of the channel defs are zaptel
specific since wanpipe channels use span:chan notation and zaptel only has
chan

[span zt]
name => OpenZAP
number => 7001
fxs-channel => 1
number => 7002
fxs-channel => 2

[span zt]
name => OpenZAP
number => 2121231234
fxs-channel => 3
number => 2121231235
fxo-channel => 4

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 11:07 PM, jeff sacksteder <jsacksteder at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Start here -
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/OpenZAP#Zaptel_Installation
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Openzap.conf_Examples
>
> Not sure if there's an appropriate example for your analog card - you
> should post yours into the wiki if you get it working. You might try
> asking on IRC, there's more activity there.
>
> > I have a Sangoma A200 card with 2 FXS and 2 FXO interfaces.
> > However, I have no idea how to configure OpenZap for my card. I can't
> find
> > any examples.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/