[Freeswitch-users] SRTP in PhonerLite and Freeswitch

Alfred E. Heggestad aeh at db.org
Wed May 28 11:01:58 PDT 2008

Brian West wrote:
> What else is great is his phone does G722 wideband.  w00t!

btw, what kind of G.722 wideband codec do you support?

I see that you are using G.722 implementation from the "voipcodecs"
library, and that you are using different samplerates, one signalled
in SDP (8000 Hz) and 16000Hz as the actual DSP samplerate. Is this
correct?

 From RFC 3551:

4.5.2 G722

    G722 is specified in ITU-T Recommendation G.722, "7 kHz audio-coding
    within 64 kbit/s".  The G.722 encoder produces a stream of octets,
    each of which SHALL be octet-aligned in an RTP packet.  The first bit
    transmitted in the G.722 octet, which is the most significant bit of
    the higher sub-band sample, SHALL correspond to the most significant
    bit of the octet in the RTP packet.

    Even though the actual sampling rate for G.722 audio is 16,000 Hz,
    the RTP clock rate for the G722 payload format is 8,000 Hz because
    that value was erroneously assigned in RFC 1890 and must remain
    unchanged for backward compatibility.  The octet rate or sample-pair
    rate is 8,000 Hz.

are you planning to add G.722.1 support at some point? I guess there
are no free implementations of this codec, yet..

Thanx

/alfred