[Freeswitch-users] New to FreeSwitch

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 07:57:23 PDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 8:07 AM, Ritesh Singh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am very new to freeswitch. It will be great if some one can tell
> me few things:

Welcome to the community.

> 1) If my ip is x.x.x.x and i want to call someone at ip y.y.y.y.
> Then what changes i am supposed to do and at what place. I would
> like to use the mod_portaudio for this purpose.
>
> 2) I started the windows freeswitch and loaded port_audio by using
> "load mod_portaudio" , then used "pa call 1234"...the session gets
> initiated but the call gets hanged up with the log "portaudio/1234
> [CS_RING] [NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION]".

I'm sure this message is rather clear... You do not have a route in
your dialplan for 1234 thus it fails.

> 3) Suppose i have a jabber server x.net. and i have 2 users having
> account at that jabber server. Then how can i use mod_dingaling so
> that i have the voice chat between those user of the jabber server
> x.net.
> Also, i would like to dump the all the record regarding the call
> made, like duration of call , person who initiated the call, call
> destination , etc.

Feels like your trying to do too much at once before you fully
understand what is going on.

> Any help in this regard is highly appreciable.  Please  do forgive
> me if you think its stupid mail but i am desparate  for these answers.

You're trying to fly before you can even crawl.  You have many things
to learn.

Best things to do are start here http://wiki.freeswitch.org and
#freeswitch on irc.freenode.net

Remember I'll be very glad to answer questions but the requirement is
that you MUST put the info you learn on the wiki and pay it forward to
others.

Thanks,
/b