[Freeswitch-users] Sun T2000 Fund Raiser...

Ken Rice krice at suspicious.org
Wed Mar 19 20:01:13 PDT 2008

Acually brian... You should pay more attention to the CPU not the
T2000/T1000 nomenclature

The T2000 is is the original server model witht he UltraSparc T1 CPU

What you are really meaning is the UltraSparc T2 CPU based machine...

The T2 CPU features much better FPU performance then the T1 CPU... I can
attest to the lack of performance on the T1 CPU... Its was horrible...
However the number of threads able to be handled per core on the T1 and T2
CPUs make it an optimal platform for use on FreeSwitch....

If Codecs and Such could be done completely with integer math the lack of
FPU would probably be ok