[Freeswitch-users] Wikipbx status

Kurt Marasco kmarasco at faithwork.org
Mon Mar 17 14:37:07 PDT 2008

I've played with it a bit and learned a lot from my experience. It uses
the XML Curl module to communicate with FS and it's nice because you can
see the interaction between the  WikiPBX and FS consoles; that can be
very enlightening. I may use it, but I am really in learning mode at the
moment planning some insignificant projects for me to learn from and
maybe leverage my knowledge into something more involved.

It has a fair amount implemented, but has some limitations, though the
architect is great about answering any questions and helping to make
changes. Check out the wikipbx forum.

 From a dial plan perspective, it is much easier to create and organize
a wikipbx dial plan over the xml dial plan (in that it is more
intuitive), and the gui also offers control at the XML level for
customization. I'd try it out if you think that it might fit your needs.
It doesn't take too much time and you will learn more about FS in the
process.
Kurt