[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch in vmware UPDATE

John Skopis (Lists) jlists at skopis.com
Wed Mar 12 06:00:43 PDT 2008

Anthony Minessale wrote:
> I spoke too soon,
> I mean try it now =D revision 7857!

[snip]

still no dice. Actually it seems to have gotten worse but that might be
related to the addition of a switch here on my lan. I think the vmware
bridge is causing a network loop. tcpdump on the host shows an *insane*
number of both SIP and RTP packets:

20707 packets captured
20707 packets received by filter

^^ that is for registration to freeswitch and about a 10s call to a
playback extension, which is still coppy. Also, that capture is on the
host and not the guest so it sees only the traffic going to freeswitch,
and not the response.

I have more or less given up on VMware + bridging. I am much happier
using host-only networking and doing the nat stuff on the host system
using ipfw + natd.