[Freeswitch-users] Java Support

damjan at ecntelecoms.com damjan at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Jun 26 06:25:59 PDT 2008

X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-Information: Contact ECN Telecoms
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached,
	score=-101.81, required 6, autolearn=not spam, AWL 0.79,
	BAYES_00 -2.60, NO_RELAYS -0.00, USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-From: damjan at ecntelecoms.com

> Hi Folks,
>
> Questions regading Java (not Javascript):
>
> 1) How do I originate a call? I tried somethis as following without
> success
>
> JavaSession session2= new JavaSession();
> session2.originate(null,"sofia/gateway/did.voip.les.net/14163442000");

You need to use the JavaSession constructor that takes a GUID/UUID string.

> The error messgae I get is that session2 is not initialized. Any idea?
>
> 2) Assuming I have two legs session1 and session2. Bridging them would be
> done with freeswitch.birdge(session1, session2) is that correct? I
> coudln't test this since I'm not able to create session2.

I guess.

> Quick Observations:
>
> 1) The wiki says that Java 1.6 would cause FS to crash. But, actually the
> current Java 1.6 works just fine while the current Java 1.5 (update 15)
> causes the FS to crash.
> 2) Whatever path to Java is specified when building FS, when starting it,
> it will look for Java at: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0/jre.

The config file for mod_java determines that path, not what was present at
build time.

> Looking forward to your feedback.
>
> Klaus L'Imbecile.

Good luck