[Freeswitch-users] Ast/FS Rosetta Stone

Yossi Neiman freeswitch at cartissolutions.com
Wed Jun 25 14:41:59 PDT 2008

Anthony Minessale wrote:
> You can put a comma sep list of dialplans in the sofia profile or as
> the arg to transfer if you wish and they are checked in order until
> one returns an extension.
>

> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Arnaldo de Moraes Pereira
> <ap at arnaldopereira.com <mailto:ap at arnaldopereira.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Michael S Collins
>     <mercutio.viz at gmail.com <mailto:mercutio.viz at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Just to confirm: you can run both dialplans simultaneously, no?  I'm

I'd just like to put in my opinion here:  I think it's best to view the
mod_dialplan_asterisk as a crutch.  I do not mean to say that any work
that anthm or anybody else did was bad; actually quite the opposite.  To
fit something like the old Asterisk dialplan into the workings of a
completely different type of a dialplan is amazing.  However, the sooner
that a user of FreeSWITCH can free himself of "The Old Asterisk Way" the
better his experience will be in the long term.

I personally chose to rebuild my dialplan from the ground-up instead of
trying the mod_dialplan_asterisk.  It was a little like diving in to the
deep end when you have just learned how to float, but I have been
nothing but delighted with the results.  I find the dialplan XML to be
very flexibile and I love the fact that it uses regexes for pattern
matching.

I will try to elaborate on my experiences and provide users with tips
for converting at Cluecon in August.

--
Yossi Neiman
Cartis Solutions, Inc.