[Freeswitch-users] Recent VAD enhancement?

UV uv at talknet.com.au
Mon Jun 23 11:55:54 PDT 2008

I’m trying to send this and it doesn’t seem to post… here’s another attempt:

After upgrading from latest stable version for windows (RC4) to latest
version, I’ve noticed a significant loss of audio during a call.

It almost seems like there’s an enhanced VAD that triggers the audio on and
off – although the VAD feature is off. Why VAD? Because as you inject audio
on the receiving side, you can then hear incoming audio from the
transmitting side.

Although this is not noticeable when using tone generation or shout, it’s
mostly evident when playing MoH (Music on hold, not Medal of Honor). It
sounds like about 90% of the audio is gone.

We used identical configuration files for both tests.

We’re still investigating this behavior and soon we’ll dive to network level
and debug outputs.

Anyone else encountered that as well?

Checked by AVG.
07:52