[Freeswitch-users] Sockets, bridges, and gaps in audio

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 03:24:08 PDT 2008

Hi all -

I've got the following scenario:
- call comes in, connects to a call control app of mine using an async
outbound socket from FS;
- answer call, play "we are trying to connect you" prompt
- start playback of cheesy jingle music thing
while (caller_not_killed_by_cheese) {
  - bridge to specified number using outbound gateway
  - if successful, let them chat and exit
  - if not, wait 10 seconds
}

The outbound call attempts cause short (some hundreds of ms) gaps in the
audio if they
fail - number being busy or unobtainable are my two failure cases that
I've tested.
Whilst the caller might view this as a blessing, I need to fix it.

Any ideas?

Cheers --

Dave