[Freeswitch-users] Problems running SIP Internal Profile: Error Creating SIP UA for profile: internal

Dan Carlson dancarlson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:15:26 PDT 2008

Hi Freeswitch Users,

I've just started with Freeswitch, just built and installed it yesterday
(Redhat 5). Freeswitch seems like a really interesting platform. I'm looking
forward to exploring it.

It built and installed fine but unfortunately I'm having a little trouble
with getting the Sofia Internal SIP Profile running. The External and Nat
profiles start up fine but I get this error both at startup and when I
attempt to run 'sofia profile internal start' :

2008-06-16 14:56:59 [ERR] sofia.c:532 nua() Error Creating SIP UA for
profile: internal

Setting sofia to a higher log level from the prompt gives me no additional
information. I've not really done much configuring of internal.xml or
var.xml aside from setting bind_server_ip,external_rtp_ip,external_sip_ip to
the box's IP.

Anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps something that needs to be configured
that I've missed? I searched and read through the documentation but can't
find any other mention of this issue.

Thanks,
Dan Carlson