[Freeswitch-users] Installation report, a python crash and a bottleneck

Ken Rice krice at suspicious.org
Fri Jun 13 12:43:12 PDT 2008

This problem that most of you are ignoring is that there are several things
that affect the performance of FreeSwitch

Hardware, Ram, Actual Switch Configuration...

And can FreeSwitch do 500 CPS, Yes it can... What config can I confirm will
work

1) Dell 1950, Dual E5335 2Ghz Quad core CPUs, Gentoo Linux, 4G Ram
2) -nosql, /usr/local/freeswitch/db mounted in a ram drive
3) sofia profile has presence tracking turned off, and has auth calls turned
off
4) Custom Dialplan module written in C accessing separate Database using a
proprietary LCR Algorithm for the routing
5) RTP in no media mode where possible for the end points

Actual CPS volumes on a single box in this configuration have exceeded 500
cps and actual concurrent 2 leg calls has exceeded 4000

And this configuration runs extremely stable...

(this configuration is also commercially available and supported email me
off list for details)