[Freeswitch-users] [Freeswitch-dev] YAML support as an alternative of XML for configuration

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:56:17 EDT 2008

"I would really like to see YAML as a configuration option in
FreeSWITCH, give me this any day and I swear I don't toch Asterisk
_ever again_,"

Careful what you wish for........

OK, you promised..... please delete all your asterisk installations and
check out and build freeswitch
from scratch or do "make current" from an existing install

edit modules.conf in the buildroot (same place you type make from) and add
this to the end:

languages/mod_yaml

execute this from your command prompt:

make yaml-files mod_yaml-install

Think twice before you ever accuse me or any of my team of being close
minded again.

I wrote this mod_yaml in about 3 hours from never hearing about it before
and now that I did it, I can tell you there is no way I would have even
considered it for one second to be what I use in the core.  Of corse, I
would have been able to tell you that already but, whatever.......

So you thinking I am being close minded pisses me off.

What if I came to your house for dinner and the first time I got there I
told you that I don't like the color you painted your house and that I want
you to get a new dining room table and that instead of a stove you should
cook your food with a camp fire?

Then I left and you didn't see me again for a year? You think that would be
a good idea?

Bottom line is that anyone who shows up to a new project and tries to tell
them some fundamental choice was wrong with almost nothing to back it up
better be wearing thermal underwear........

At least you apologized....enjoy mod_yaml as I expect you to completely own
it, wikifiy it and provide support to anyone who needs it......

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm