[Freeswitch-users] GUI

Jair Santos jairds at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 31 20:22:38 PDT 2008

Hello ,

I would like to share with you the email below that I exchanged with the
representative of Mera Systems. I was about to evaluate their product  when
I stumbled with FS. He, of course, is trying to say that FS is not able to
support more than 300 simultaneous calls and that I should buy their
product.

Anyway, the intention is only to ask for some comments from the guys who
really know how FS behave in a production environment.

Thank you

Jair Santos

 Hi Jair,

We have over 1000 high-end developers on staff in Russia, we write software
for Nortel (Meridian PBXes), Siemens, Alcatel, Ericsson, etc. Why would we
use Asterisk as a core for our systems? Some of our products can deliver
Call Per Second rates up to 1000, I guess about 50 times more than Asterisk
:)))

Might be that someone telling this to you mixed us with PortaOne, a
Ukrainian developer. They, indeed, use Asterisk and SER in their products,
like most other companies selling "their" switching solutions.

In any case, as a start-up the path you are taling is reasonable, but I
really doubt you will stay on Freeswitch once you hit 300 calls in peak. Or
- you will need to run lots of unbinded servers with separate IPs, each
supporting some 300 calls.

Dmitry.