[Freeswitch-users] Memory Leaks

John Skopis (Lists) jlists at skopis.com
Thu Jul 31 05:43:20 PDT 2008

Sangwoo Jin wrote:
> I don't have gotten the same result in testing MOH calls with 15 CPS.
> The memory usage of freeswitch on testing doesn't grow at some point.
> But, The memory usage of freeswitch on testing bridged calls with 5CPS and 1
> second duration was growing endlessly. I have watched The memory usage of
> freeswitch becomes 1G bytes.
>
> I attached the scripts of my test.
> Firstly, execute the scripts like uas_10xx.sh in each shells,
> and execute call.sh.
> Then, the following call flows is rotated at 5 CPS.
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1011
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1012
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1013
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1014
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1015
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1016
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1017
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1018
> 1000 -> freeswitch -> 1019
>
> And, please inform me where I can find the memory pre-allocation codes on
> freeswitch's starting?

Take a look at at:
libs/sofia-sip/libsofia-sip-ua/su/su_alloc.c

If you still think there is a memory leak you should really post on
JIRA. As Mike already pointed out this is definitely where you should
post when you think you have found a bug. JIRA provides facilities (tar
up your sipp scenario + fs config, and valgrind output) so someone that
is very familiar with the fs code can take a look.

If they tell you that it's not leaking it almost certainly isn't.

As Mike said there *might* be a leak...and it's probably doesn't even
eat 1k of mem.

If you have some embedded requirements you should join the irc channel
as there is most certainly someone in there who can explain how to
tune-down fs (assuming it's possible).