[Freeswitch-users] using freeswitch for high volume call traffic

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 07:30:33 PDT 2008

Hi -

We've used FS for reasonable high volume requirements.  To answer your
points:
G729 and G723 passthrough fine; no transcoding at the moment.
Prepaid fine with external script/billing/account balance management engine
Write scripts in almost anything you want - Javascript is built in, but
a socket interface
allows you to talk to anything and do neat things like have one machine
control a
number of FS boxes.
CDRs and config can be written from and read to databases with a bit of
glue to
make it happen using the Curl interfaces.
It can stay in the media path or keep out of it; your choice.

Hope this helps, and is mostly accurate..

Cheers --

Dave
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm evaluating various solutions for a requirement of softswitch. Main
> requirements are support for many simultaneous calls, g729 & g723
> codecs, CDR, billing, etc.
> I was wondering if freeswitch is the right solution. I heard that it
> can handle many simultaneous calls and calls per second is also good.
> But i have doubts about CDR and billing.
> Can it do prepaid?
> Only java script is supported as scripting language?
> Can it write CDR in mysql table?
> Can it get configuration from mysql db(like asterisk realtime)?
> Does it stay in media path when both ends are using g729 or g723
> codecs and freeswitch is doing it in passthrough mode?

David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031
http://www.3c.co.uk