[Freeswitch-users] Playing an audio file to end destination before bridging the call

Adnan Barakat adnan at barakatdesigns.net
Mon Jul 14 01:00:16 PDT 2008

Joseph Bajin wrote:
> I assume you are meaning as you are connecting, you may want to play a
> custom ringback or fake the ring.
>
> Here's the page to do it:
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Custom_Ring_Back_Tones
>
> Or if you are using the originate command:
>
> originate {ringback=/path/to/music.wav}sofia/gateway/name/number &bridge(sofia/gateway/name/othernumber)
Thanks Joe, but this will play the file to the caller, I'm trying to play a file
to the receiver (ie. when the receiver picks up the phone the voice file will be
played to them [the receiver], then the call will get bridged - and while the
file is being played [to the receiver] the caller will continue to hear the
normal ringtone until the call is bridged)

Adnan