[Freeswitch-users] Transfer CDRs

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 05:30:29 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Anthony Minessale
<anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
> if you use mod_xml_cdr you will get 1 cdr report in it's own file per call.
>
> Each time the call is transferred it's documented and the call flow is
> expanded so you should be satisfied with it.

Hi There,

I was able to test transfer CDRs with freeswitch and encountered
similar issues to those I've had with Asterisk
(http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11849).

In Freeswitch's case the blind transfer CDR problem is the same as
Asterisk's. If you call a billable destination through the server and
then do a blind transfer (REFER) to another billable destination you
get left with a call that has two billable legs but you will only get
one CDR.

With attended transfers Freeswitch generates a CDR for the first call
leg when the transfer occurs and a CDR for the second call leg when
the call ends except that the destination on the second call leg is
incorrect and has been modified to be the callerid of the first
caller. It should be generating the CDRs for both call legs when the
call ends and not when the transfer occurs. I also got an extra CDR
quite a while after the transferred call had hung up with a
disposition of "RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE"  with a destination
corresponding to the second call leg.

This whole transfer/CDR thing is very unsexy and a pain for developers
but it's a critical thing for those of us that run businesses
supplying telephony services. This one issue has cost the company I
work for an amount into 4 figures.

Regards,

Greyman.