[Freeswitch-users] Erlang?

Krešimir Tonković kresho at multimodus.hr
Thu Jul 3 07:19:30 PDT 2008

Hi!

I myself have bumbed into performance problems with heavy-weight languages
like python and javascript, and the recommendation was to use lua because it
is the simplest and most lightweight. I have not yet given lua a shot, but I
have no reason to doubt the recommendation.

If I read Brians answer to me a while ago correctly,  a big reason for the
performance problems is thread contention. If so, lua will reach it's limits
a little bit above python and javascript's level, but will not truly scale
either.

Erlang was specifically designed to run ericsson's switches. It is immune to
the kind of thread contention issues mentioned above and I think it would
scale much better than any other procedural language.

What do you think?
--
Krešimir Tonković

--