[Freeswitch-users] Using Mod_fifo

Faraz R. Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Tue Jul 1 23:05:23 PDT 2008

Is there any example on how to use mod_fifo?

I am trying to implement a call centre queue as follows (much like
Asterisk queues) :

Inbound call-> press 0 for operator -> mod_fifo -> 3 agents of whom any
one can get the call (doing round robin or whatever)

I checked out:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_fifo

I understand how to park the call, I understand how to retrieve the call
from the fifo- but I dont understand how this will happen automatically.
Is the expected way to write some kind of JS to run periodically, check
if any of the 3 specified agents are free and send them (originate) to
the fifo 'pop' extension?

Pointers would be appreciated! If anyone has sample JS to do something
close to the above it would give me a great headstart.

Thanks!

--
Faraz R Khan
Chief Architect