[Freeswitch-users] EnumLookup in FreeSwitch

Yogesh Chaturvedi ychaturvedi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:44:43 PST 2008

Hi,

   Thanks, Ken for your quick reply,

     mean to say that we need to hit some domain like e164.org, then dns
define all available enum servers related to this domain and my enum query
resolved by any of them.

am i right ?

Here is another question we need to look into.  Do the PBXs support more
than one ENUM server?  With DNS, you always have 2 servers, in case one goes
down.  With ENUM you should have the same thing,

For example i have mydomain.com domain name and have two enum Servers as
e164-1.mydomain.com and e164-2.mydomain.com and i write domain name for
enumlookup as mydomainname.com then will my query get successful if
e164-1.validnumber.com down
or it is right way to define both enumserver in configuration so if one get
fail then we can resolve requst from another

Thanks in advance