[Freeswitch-users] Dead gateway detection

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 03:04:43 PST 2008

Hi -

We've two outbound routes from a FreeSWITCH box, both done purely
on IP - no SIP registration or authentication involved apart from by IP.

We can route calls to one or the other by adding a Route header to outbound
call setups, which works fine.  What I can't obviously see how to do is to
failover if one of the gateways disappears.  Two options that I've come
up with:
- add some code to fail a call if a 100 Trying isn't received within a
short time
after sending the initial INVITE, so that it can be routed to the other
gateway;
- using an external app to periodically send OPTIONS to each gateway, work
out which are alive, and route calls appropriately.

Have I missed something obvious and straightforward?

--Dave

--
David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031