[Freeswitch-users] record API including DTMF sound

Bill Binko bill.binko at mapshine.com
Sun Feb 3 12:39:13 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I am trying to record a message using the Event Socket interface in
outbound mode.  I am using the 'record' API call (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#record ), but I'm getting
the DTMF for the * key that is supposed to stop the recording included
in the actual WAV file.

Is there a way to record without getting that tone?  I have tried
record_session, but then I need to watch for DTMF to stop recording
manually, which still ends up recoding the tones.  I have tried
in-audio, RFC2833 and SIP INFO settings for my DTMF tones (and every
combination I think).  in-audio settings make it "worse", but in general
I'm capturing enough audio to make the recordings unusable.

Can I get some direction?

Thanks,
Bill