[Freeswitch-users] fs_cli help command

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Dec 31 23:20:45 PST 2008

I just noticed, as confirmed by reading the code, that now when the user types
"help" at the fs_cli prompt, the fs_cli help text is printed; but if what one
really wants is to execute the API help command, there doesn't seem to be any
way to do it.

process_command() gets the help command first, and there's no way to have it
passed to FreeSWITCH as an API command.

Here are a few options for solving this (I'm sure there are others):

1. Make the API command processing into a separate function, and have the
"help" command call it to execute "api help" after printing its own text. I
suppose one could also use a goto for this, but that could be accused of
inelegance.

2. Rename the fs_cli help command to "/help" - probably confusing to new
users!

3. Add a /help command that runs "api help".

I'm leaning toward option 3, but opinions may differ.