[Freeswitch-users] Looking for a specific bug in jira - was Sonus and RFC 2833 related

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:02:05 PST 2008

In case you want to know the nitty gritty.

excerpt from switch_types.h

RTP_BUG_SONUS_SEND_INVALID_TIMESTAMP_2833 = (1 << 1)
    /*
      Sonus wrongly expects that, when sending a multi-packet 2833 DTMF
event, The sender
      should increment the RTP timestamp in each packet when, in reality,
the sender should
      send the same exact timestamp and increment the duration field in the
2833 payload.
      This allows a reconstruction of the duration if any of the packets are
lost.

      final_duration - initial_timestamp = total_samples

      However, if the duration value exceeds the space allocated (16 bits),
The sender should increment
      the timestamp one unit and reset the duration to 0.

      Always sending a duration of 0 with a new timestamp should be
tolerated but is rarely intentional
      and is mistakenly done by many devices.
      The issue is that the Sonus expects everyone to do it this way instead
of tolerating either way.
      Sonus will actually ignore every packet with the same timestamp before
concluding if it's DTMF.

      This flag will cause each packet to have a new timestamp.
    */

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Kristian Kielhofner <
kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> > I would recommend getting the latest SVN since we had to break out the
> > cisco and sonus rtp issues... Try this
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/RTP_Issues
> >
> > /b
> >

> Brian,
>
>  Thanks, I have and I was well aware of these (I've been lurking).
>
>  However, my issue is with another platform and Sonus.  I want to
> demonstrate that this is a *known* issue with Sonus gear.  Plus, I
> found it:
>
> http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSCORE-251
>
> Thanks again!
>
> --