[Freeswitch-users] Looking for a specific bug in jira - was Sonus and RFC 2833 related

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:01:10 PST 2008

On 12/31/08, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
> If your looking for specifics of where they are being stupid and/or
>  violating rfc's pop on by and let us know, we can probably detail some
>  stuff that is not in the bugs as well.
>
>  Mike

Mike,

  Thanks but I (think) I basically figured it out...

  I am using G.729 and RFC 2833 DTMF.

  If you send a 2833 event and voice packet with the same timestamp
Sonus will drop the event (maybe both) EVEN IF they have different
sequence numbers.  Nevermind that this behavior (same timestamps) is
quite possible and even desired in some cases and violates both RFC
1889/3550 and RFC 2833/4733.

  I didn't dig into the code but it looks like the Freeswitch
workaround just tweaks the timestamps to get around this if a Sonus
originator is detected (by parsing the SDP).  Nice.

  Did I get it?

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org