[Freeswitch-users] New

Raymond Chandler intralanman at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 31 06:19:52 PST 2008

FERNANDO VILLARROEL wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am new on this list, i am chilean.
>
> I come from Asterisk and my company is dedicated to wholesale, i am provider for chile mobile.
>
> We will need implement FreeSwictch before Asterisk for Retail and Wholesale
>
> How i will can starting, please recomended any how to or pdf for beginning.

A couple of good starting points are:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Getting_Started_Guide

Since those are written in only english at the present time, you might
want to join the irc channel, it's #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net ...
there are lots of languages spoken in the channel, so someone could
probably help you more than those guides.
> Is possible administrator FS from any GUI, but no from Centos Image FS,I like Debian.

Right now there are no GUIs completed, but several being worked on.
> Other questions, FreeSwitch is more complex that Asterisk for begining?

Depending on your background, you might find it harder, or you might
find it easier... FreeSWITCH configs are XML based where Asterisk
configs are INI based. That's only the start of the differences.. I'd
say give them both a try and see which shoe fits best :-)
> Thanks everyone and excuse me English.

Your english isn't that bad, thanks for posting.

-Ray