[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch optimization as a registrar

David Sugar dyfet at gnutelephony.org
Tue Dec 30 05:07:57 PST 2008

You actually have potentially ~1320 effective "SIP transactions" per
second to support 40000 registered ua's with a 60s refresh.  This is
because the ua sends it's registration refresh unauthenticated.  The
registrar will then push back an authentication challenge request so the
ua can prove its identity, at which point the ua then repeats the same
transaction, but with authentication credentials attached.