[Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing

Frank @ Impact frank at impactfax.com
Sun Dec 28 11:06:37 PST 2008

Maybe I am going about this all wrong.  All I am trying to do is process
a recording file of a session after either one of the legs hangs up and
the call is over.  I am just trying to convert the wav to mp3 and email
it off.  So I have a bash script to do this.  The dialplan is simple
enought

          <action application="set" data="RECORD_ANSWER_REQ=true"/>
          <action application="set" data="RECORD_STEREO=true"/>
          <action application="record_session"
data="$${base_dir}/recordings/3329000_1.wav"/>
          <action application="bridge" data="${enum_auto_route}"/>
          <action application="hangup"/>

using FS svn 10960

But nothing I have tried seems to get it done.  I have tried to use
api_hangup_hook to call a lua script.  But the wav file is not yet
closed for some reason yet and I cannot seem to close it in the lua
script.  Basically I get the same problem if I use 'system' with the
api_hangup_hook to call the bash script to process the recording.

I have tried to use the transfer application with the api_hangup_hook to
allow me to stop_record_session and then a system call from another
extension, but the transfer never happens on hangup.

Am I missing a simple way to do this?  Is there something similar to the
'h' extension in asterisk maybe?