[Freeswitch-users] another switch_ivr_set_user() can't find user

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Dec 23 15:27:31 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 05:51:38PM -0500, John Wehle wrote:

> It looks like the domain is coming from set_domain in default.xml
> which gets it from sip_auth_realm.  I guess the question is if
> force-register-domain is being used then:
>
>   a) Should sip_auth_realm be set by FreeSWITCH to the value associated
>      with force-register-domain
>
>   b) or should set_domain in default.xml simply check for force-register-domain

As I understand it, that's a choice you need to make in designing your dial
plan.

I'm currently confronted with the same issue and, being new to FreeSWITCH, I'm
not sure what would be the best solution.

In my case, there is a SIP phone that needs to contact FreeSWITCH by its IPv4
address - there's no A record for the FreeSWITCH box, and the address is
192.168.0.2 on the local LAN. The FreeSWITCH machine does have an AAAA record
in DNS, so any incoming IPv6 call will address it by its fully-qualified
domain name. Not surprisingly, the logic in the supplied external.xml dialplan
configuration results in IPv6 incoming calls to local extensions failing, due
to the wrong domain name, after the transfer to default.xml when the bridge
application is executed. By default, of course, the domain is the IPv4
address, which is fine for IPv4 calls.

There are ways around this, of course, but I haven't worked out what would be
the best to implement.