[Freeswitch-users] design of XML structure

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Dec 23 06:42:50 PST 2008

Hehe, you just stepped on a land mine! There was A LOT of discussion
about this. The simple fact of the matter is that there was no way to
make everyone happy so the devs chose a layout that might be "ugly" to
some. The key is that XML isn't really "pretty" anyway. The point of
XML is that it needs to be machine readable AND human readable. Since
humans are (usually) smarter than machines it was decided that machine
readable is more important. Besides, when all of the GUIs get built
you won't be hacking XML very much - if at all.

I promise you this: even if you think something is weird or curious
about how FreeSWITCH works there is ALWAYS a good reason for the
design decisions. Always. Nothing in FS was left to chance or caprice.

-MC

PS - this was probably a better topic for the -dev list. :)

Sent from my iPhone