[Freeswitch-users] another switch_ivr_set_user() can't find user

John Wehle john at feith.com
Mon Dec 22 17:10:00 PST 2008

I'm interested in moving some VoIP phones I'm playing with to a different
set of network numbers for various internal reasons.  However, I'm not
looking for multiple FreeSWITCH domains ... I just want one.  Here's what
I did:

  1) On the FreeSWITCH box created a logical network interface and assigned
     it a number from the new set of network numbers.

  2) Changed rtp-ip and sip-ip in internal.xml to use the number assigned
     to the logical network interface.

  3) Per the FAQ set force-register-domain and force-register-db-domain in
     internal.xml to the value for domain in vars.xml (i.e. the main local
     ip v4 address of the FreeSWITCH machine).

  4) Changed the VoIP phone to use a number from the new set.

When I place a call from the VoIP phone FreeSWITCH complains:

  [WARNING] switch_ivr.c:1941 switch_ivr_set_user() can't find user
    [default at 192.168.14.10]

where 192.168.14.10 is the number assigned to the logical interface,
however the call goes through / everything seems to work.  I'm able
to place a call to the VoIP phone from openzap without any complaints.

Suggestions / pointers regarding the warning and how to make it happy?

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |