[Freeswitch-users] group call with BLF and pickup

Seweryn Niemiec ser at man.szczecin.pl
Mon Dec 22 12:05:53 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Which phone(s) are you using? FS does BLF very well with Snom,
> Grandstream,

I have Grandstreams and I have already tested BLF and "standard"
pickup on FS. It works great on default configuration.

> and Linksys. Also, the dialing scenario you mention is actually very
> easily  handled with FreeSWITCH. The devs are very clever and they
> set up a dialing syntax mechanism that allows one to do all sorts of
> unique and even exotic dialing setups.

are "bridge" and "sleep" actions + some FS's magic all what I need?

> Do you have a spare Linux machine and a few phones that you can do
> some testing with? That would be the ideal way to get started
> quickly. If you do
> have a Linux machine then the quickest way to get FS running is to do

First I tried to compile FS on my workstation (Ubuntu) but it has
failed due to too new libtool. But on latest Debian it was OK and I
have FS console under my fingers.

> Just remember one thing: FreeSWITCH is quite different from Asterisk,
>  so there is a bit of a learning curve, but it's totally worth it. :)

BTW: it would be nice to have some notes about reloading configs in
"getting started docs" on the wiki.

--
Best regards
Seweryn Niemiec