[Freeswitch-users] [Java] Catching dingaling messages

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Dec 19 01:22:07 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:12:49AM +0100, kriko wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be possible to catch messages from dingaling.
> I saw it can print out messages into console when a user types in a
> message,
> but it doesn't understand it. I would like to catch that and do something
> (like initiate a call).
> I know you have to call you program via a dialplan, so I don't know how
> would it be really possible to invoke your java app
> when other events occur.

Listen to the event socket on port 8021 and register to receive the events you
want to monitor, then issue api commands via the same socket interface to make
the outbound call.

See the wiki page about the event socket.

I haven't looked at this in any detail, but it's clear from the wiki that this
should be able to meet your needs.