[Freeswitch-users] error creating IPv6 profile when corresponding IPv4 port in use

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Dec 18 00:53:23 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:10:18PM -0500, Michael Jerris wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2008, at 2:40 AM, Jason White wrote:
>
> > The code in bind6only_check in libs/sofia-sip/libsofia-sip-ua/tport/
> > tport.c looks
> > correct to me, but I can't find where the result is tested (it's in
> > mr_bindv6only). When bind6only_check() is called in
> > tport_bind_server(), the
> > return value isn't tested, and I'm having difficulty finding where
> > it is used

I realized after posting that if the IPv4 port is bound by another process,
then the attempt to bind to the IPv4 port in bind6only_check() should return
-1, and hence the result of bind6only_check() will be 0, even if the os allows
the IPv6 and IPv4 ports to be bound independently of each other.

This looks like a potential bug, but I haven't investigated properly to be
sure, and I'm extremely busy just now (as well as not being very experienced
at this).

> If this is in fact a bug, could you please report it to the sofia-sip
> bugtracker.  Patches are very helpful there.

If anyone else has a chance to look at it before I do, please let me know.
Otherwise, I'll check it out when I have time to build a version of FreeSWITCH
with debug symbols and run it under gdb.