[Freeswitch-users] general question about API command

Carole O. carole.olivier at enst.fr
Tue Dec 16 05:07:47 PST 2008

Hello,

I have a general question about the API commands. Some of them are not
available in the dialplan like uuid_transfer. I was wondering how to call an
API command without using the CLI. Especially I would be interested in
knowing if there is any way to call them from a phone, I mean bind a key to
an API command.

For instance I would like to transfer both members of a simple call into a
conference by dialing *1.
I have seen the transfer is possible from the CLI by doing:
api uuid_transfer <uuid> -both 3001
but I do not know how to do it else.

If somebody could give me an insight about the topic it would be great.
Thanks,
Carole