[Freeswitch-users] Newbie Questions

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Mon Dec 15 07:49:19 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Saeed Ahmed <saeedahmad1981 at gmail.com>wrote:

Hi,

Salaam Saeed.

> I am very new Freeswitch.

Welcome.

> Till now I've some experience with Asterisk.

Be prepared to be amazed.

Can someone explain me the following things:

> 1. Can I connect my TDM switch to Freeswitch? My switch can speak Dss1/ss7,
> SS7 is more preferable

Currently, there is no open source ss7 implementation for FS. You can use
Sangoma's SMG with FS though.

> 2. Is freeswitch similar to nextone SBC?
> (http://www.nextpointnetworks.com/)

It can act as an SBC. See http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Specsheet
for more details.

3. Does freeswtich support codec translation?

Yes, it does for the supported codecs http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codecs

Do read up at http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Main_Page

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070 | as
you scope creep, so shall we reap ...