[Freeswitch-users] Interrupting read application with DTMF

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 07:48:08 PST 2008

I think your solution is most likely superstition and that your real problem
is related
to your cell phone and the PSTN to SIP translation somewhere along the way.

I bet if you called in to the same extension with a SIP desk phone, that it
would work every
time no matter what format your file is.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Jan Kubr <jan.kubr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been having some troubles with the read application for quite a
> while which I haven't been able to solve yet.
> I have Freeswitch connected to a SIP gateway to accept calls from a
> landline-like number. For the incoming calls I have a simple testing
> dialplan:
>
> <action application="read" data="1 1
> en/us/callie/conference/8000/conf-pin.wav res 10000 #"/>
> <action application="phrase" data="spell,${res}"/>
>
> The behavior I have a problem with is that the read app should
> terminate when I press a digit and the execution should jump to the
> next action - meaning the playback of the file should be interrupted.
> The problem is that when I call the public number from my cell phone
> this works only about 50% of the time. In the other cases I need to
> wait for the wav file to be played (or press the digit two or three
> times). When using a SIP phone it always works.
>
> Today I tried to convert the wav file the read app plays to the GSM
> format and found out it fixed the problem! Now I can almost always
> interrupt the read app with DTMF from my cell phone. Doing the same
> from my SIP phone doesn't work well though when the file is GSM.
>
> Can someone explain me what is going on here and what is the right
> approach? I'm on revision 10751. I've tried to set a few configuration
> variables based on suggestions from this list, but it didn't make any
> difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Jan Kubr

Anthony Minessale II