[Freeswitch-users] Bridging through gateway

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Dec 15 03:03:46 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:19:44AM +0100, Jonas Gauffin wrote:
> I'm trying to bridge using a non-registered gateway. And I
> get MANDATORY_IE_MISSING back. Why is that?

Does the gateway allow unauthenticated clients to make calls? If you obtain a
SIP trace, you'll be able to see whether it's an authentication issue.

As an aside, it would be an improvement to FreeSWITCH if Sofia debugging could
be turned on and off within a running FreeSWITCH instance, including SIP
traces, instead of the administrator's having to restart FreeSWITCH with
environment variables exported, as is presently required according to the
wiki.