[Freeswitch-users] running custom script with bind_meta_app

Stephen Crosby stevecrozz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 23:32:08 PST 2008

I'm Stephen Crosby, and I've just started working with freeswitch.
It's been great so far.

I want to run a custom script inside a conference when a DTMF sequence
is entered. I found bind_meta_app and thought it would be perfect, but
I can't seem to get it to work. When I dial-in and press *8, I get no
debugging output at all. When I press another sequence like *9 for
instance, I get: [WARNING] switch_ivr_async.c:1429 meta_on_dtmf()
sofia/external/5593495805 at sip.gafachi.com Ignoring meta digit '9' not
mapped. The script I wrote has been tested with "jsrun script.js" from
the command line and it does work. I've got the debugging level all
the way up and there's just not much for me to go on. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

<extension name="gafachi-DID1">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^xxxxxxxxxxx$">
    <action application="answer"/>
    <action application="bind_meta_app" data="8 ab s
javascript::$${base_dir}/scripts/script.js"/>
    <action application="conference" data="3000 at default"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

--Stephen