[Freeswitch-users] How to control to domain used in INVITE From header

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Sun Dec 14 08:08:54 PST 2008

The situation is as follows: An incoming call is processed by the FS and sent out to a sip client. I want to control the From header in this outgoing INVITE.
I have tried to set various channel variables, including sip_h_From, in order to control to domain used in the INVITE From header, which for instance looks like this:
From: "JBS (Soft)" <sip:205 at X.X.X.X>
Instead of the server IP address, X.X.X.X, I want to set the SIP-domain used for the specific customer in a multi tenant setup. This from header is used by the phone telephone number list register (at least for the Snom phones), so controlling it is important. How is it done? /Jon