[Freeswitch-users] Sip profiles used in bridge application

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Dec 13 22:23:03 PST 2008

The Wiki page at
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_bridgecall
gives the following example:

<action application="bridge"
data="sofia/sip/9998881111 at sip.yourprovider.com"/>

which, for me at least, doesn't work due to an invalid profile error:

[ERR] mod_sofia.c:2404 sofia_outgoing_channel() Invalid Profile

However, if I replace "sip" in the above action with "external" to specify the
external profile, it works.

I suspect this is a documentation error rather than a code bug. However, I
couldn't find an explanation of the syntax, in particular, whether the profile
name has to match a profile defined in the SIP configuration or whether there
are profile names defined in the code that have special meanings as well.

I'm using the default configuration for now.

I could go through the code to find this out, of course, but I thought it
better to ask here instead.